Operational Risk Manager
BOI UK Non-Financial Risk is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the Operational Risk management framework, policies, standards and processes in line with Bank of Ireland Group across the UK business units to ensure operational risks, are identified, measured, mitigated, reported and managed effectively and to an acceptable level. The team operates as a ‘second line of defence’ within the three lines of defence model, setting common standards, tools and methodologies for management of Operational risks across the UK and providing quality advice and guidance to the business.
The Operational Risk Manager’s role, will deliver oversight designed to ensure utilisation of a fit for purpose Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF), seeking to leverage tools applied through BOIUK and/or BOIG as appropriate. This is achieved through:
- Enablement of continuous improvement of the ORMF in partnership with other Operational Risk / Non-Financial Risk (NFR) colleagues (who are not specifically aligned to 3CB) and relevant First Line of Defence (1LOD) staff
- Oversight of adherence to the Framework through Quality Assurance (QA)
- Provision of Management Information (MI) to senior management on the risk profile of the 3CB to enable risk management, management of risk appetite and capital adequacy, and also to supervise effective use of the framework by 1LOD.
- Provide advice & guidance to 1LOD on all aspects of the ORMF – incl. risk assessments, issues, events, control testing, Key Indicators (KIs) – through guidance documentation, providing training & training material (incl. Web Based Training), holding regular relationship meetings, etc.
- Support the 1LOD with the ongoing enhancement of their uses of the ORMF by implementing continuous improvement of the framework and its effective and embedded use throughout the business (i.e. component parts of the 3CB).
- Carry out thematic deep-dive quality assurance to analyse and report on exceptions and problem performance.
- Provide reporting both to 1LOD and to Risk committees as required and deemed proportionate by line management on the use and embeddedness of the ORMF and any exceptions or problem performance.
Skills & Experience
- Consistent record of leading operational risk tools and methodologies, or relevant similar experience, preferably in a Retail / Corporate banking environment.
- Strong partner leadership skills – ability to develop positive relationships and build credibility with colleagues to influence business decisions and ensure colleagues are engaged and actively leading their operational risks.
- Well-developed report writing and communication skills with the ability to interact at senior levels within the organisation.
- Confident, articulate and independent minded approach.
Operational Risk Manager Vacancies | Bank of Ireland in United Kingdom 2022
About: Bank of Ireland
- Details about the extent of our authorisation and regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority, and regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority are available from us on request.
- By proceeding any further you will be deemed to have read our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement.
for more detail please click APPLY ONLINE button
|Submit Your Application Now by Clicking on|
- Exam Manager Job | Middleton Jobs | New Jobs 2022
- Research Administrator Job | Newcastle Jobs | Latest Jobs 2022
- Assistant Accountant Position at Belfast | Latest Jobs 2022
- HR Administrator Job | Dublin Jobs | Latest Jobs 2022
- Public Affairs Manager Position in London | Latest Jobs 2022
- Environment Officer Job | Lincoln Jobs | New Jobs 2022
- Cover Supervisor Position | Settle Jobs | Latest Jobs 2022
- Team Manager Job | Blackburn | Latest Jobs 2022
- Technician Job | London Jobs | Latest Jobs 2022
- Duty Manager Job | Cardiff Jobs | Latest Jobs 2022
Subscribe to European Jobs Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter!
About European Jobs:
We help connect candidates get their jobs quickly. Find thousands of latest jobs and apply today.
Wish you Best of luck